Send me your written testimony against the capital gains income tax so I can submit it to committee members on Friday morning
This Friday’s 8am hearing on the capital gains income tax is stacked against us. All the folks ridin’ in the wagon will be there, ready to wait for hours (what else do they have to do?) to speak for 2 minutes about the reasons why the folks pullin’ the wagon should pay higher taxes. But our supporters — the people pullin’ the wagon — are too busy working for a living to attend the hearing. I asked the committee if our supporters could participate by phone or Skype or other remote testimony — “not allowed” was the response.
Help us balance the scales a little bit.
The committee accepts written testimony.
Email me your statement explaining why you oppose House Bill 2967. I will make copies of it and distribute it to each of the members of the committee at the hearing.
Here’s a sample:
Madame chair and members of the committee, my name is _____ and I live in _______, Washington. Here is my written testimony explaining why I strongly oppose House Bill 2967 which imposes a new capital gains income tax.
* First and foremost, I am against any new taxes coming out of Olympia this year — state and local governments have gone absolutely bonkers raising taxes in recent years. There needs to be a break and a pause in all the tax-raising.
* The state budget office has determined that HB 2967’s massive tax increase will cost taxpayers $8.2 billion over the next 10 years. And that assumes it won’t be raised later which is an absolute certainty.
* Everyone knows that this is the camel’s nose under the tent and that HB 2967’s income tax will eventually expand and be imposed on everyone at every income level.
* No one believes that any tax increase will result in a different tax being lowered — with government, taxes only go up, they never go down.
* Nine times the voters have rejected an income tax — stop trying to impose a tax the voters clearly oppose.
* It is simply unsustainable for state and local governments to continually increase taxes year after year after year. There’s only so much money in the taxpayers’ take-home pay to confiscate.
* State and local governments are swimming in tax revenues — it’s long past time for you to make due with what you’re already taking from us.
* We don’t want an income tax. I urge you to listen to the folks pullin’ the wagon and reject HB 2967’s capital gains income tax.
Your name, your city, your email address
Send me an email with the above (or something like the above) and I’ll make copies and have them distributed at Friday’s hearing.
Providing me with your written testimony will really help — BUT IT’S ONLY EFFECTIVE IF WE ALL DO IT. If you have any problem, just email me and I’ll help you any way I can. OK?
After 20 years of fighting for taxpayers, we’ve learned that the most effective way to fight the Democrats’ tax-hiking schemes is by taking our case directly to the people. That’s why we’re moving full steam ahead with We Don’t Want An Income Tax. It prohibits the state and local governments from imposing any kind of income tax, especially a capital gains income tax.
Jack, Mike, and I are committed to protecting taxpayers. But we can’t do it alone. We need everyone’s help.