Read what superstar Sid Maietto wrote to Bob Ferguson — he counters all the AG’s LIES!
Message from Sid Maietto:
I’m certain I’m not alone in believing that what Bob Ferguson is doing is outrageous. Here is the email I sent to him this morning:
Bob Ferguson, I am appalled by your abuse of power and your unethical practice of raising money for yourself from it.
As the News Tribune reported: “Ferguson has been raising campaign money hand over fist, openly trading on numerous legal actions his office has filed. … Political insiders from both parties see the lawsuits and the fundraising flurry as a plain prelude to a gubernatorial run. They also wonder whether explicit fundraising based on those official actions blurs the line between official business and politics. … Political insiders note an iffy convergence between Ferguson’s official actions and his private fundraising. … Ben Anderstone, a local Democratic political consultant: “That politicizes everything that Ferguson is doing.” … Alex Hays: “To connect it directly to a fundraising appeal feels weird.” Chad Minnick: “Most of the time (politicians) separate the politics from the campaign. Ferguson doesn’t. He’s all politics, all the time.”
Bob, you’ve raked in over $2.8 million in personal profits from politics.
And you haven’t been telling the truth about Tim:
* You said Tim “took” campaign donations. No, he didn’t — he didn’t take anyone’s money. People like me voluntarily sent Tim & his family financial support to survive your 8 year legal onslaught.
* You said they were campaign donations. No, they weren’t. I testified under oath that the money I provided was not a campaign donation. The money I provided wasn’t for a campaign — it was to help Tim & his family survive your 8 year legal onslaught.
* You said Tim Eyman deceived donors. No, he didn’t. Every letter and email I received from Tim explained what your office was doing to him and offered me the opportunity to help if I wanted to. I did and thousands of others did too.
* You said the public was harmed by Tim Eyman’s actions. On the contrary, the public has benefited tremendously from them. Thanks to him, voters got the chance to vote on 17 statewide initiatives and numerous local initiatives. Thanks to him, each initiative qualified for half the cost that other campaigns spent. Despite consistently being radically outspent, voters approved 11 of them. His initiatives have saved taxpayers over $46 billion so far. Our car tabs are lower, property tax increases smaller, government affirmative action prohibited, the initiative process more protected (Eyman v Wyman), the King County Council is smaller, voters get to learn about and vote on tax increases (tax advisory votes), and it’s tougher for politicians to raise taxes because they know he’s watching. These amazing accomplishments were done at great personal risk and imposed a heavy financial burden on Tim and his family (2018 “Eyman’s sells off retirement fund to kickstart $30 Tabs Initiative”, 2015 “Eyman takes out 2nd mortgage for 2/3 initiative”, 2011 “Eyman still in debt from 2/3 initiative”, 2010 “Eyman seeks help to recoup loan for 2/3 initiative”, and 2008: “Eyman mortgages house for initiative”, 2018 “Legal costs drive Eyman into bankruptcy”).
* You said Tim Eyman is a serial offender of the state’s reporting laws. No, he isn’t. In court, attorney Richard Sanders showed that’s not true at all:
* You said Tim Eyman was the treasurer. No, he never was. Stan Long was the treasurer and he was a CPA and tax attorney. Under the statute, Stan had sole responsibility for reporting and yet neither you nor the PDC ever contacted him or interviewed him.
* Has Tim Eyman gotten rich off his political activism? No, he hasn’t. In fact, your lawsuit has resulted in him losing everything he has. Even so, he’s still fighting for us.
You got a judge — appointed by Gregoire and publicly elected in liberal Thurston County — to rubberstamp what you wanted. But that doesn’t make anything you said about Tim true. As Lincoln said: “How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn’t make it a leg.”
Saying Tim took money when he didn’t take money doesn’t change the fact that he didn’t take anyone’s money — every dollar that Tim received was voluntarily given to him by willing individuals.
You forced taxpayers to spend nearly $2 million — more than all other campaign reporting cases in the last 8 years combined — investigating, litigating, and persecuting Tim Eyman and his family.
But you always give your cronies a free pass:
Your abuse of power only enhances my commitment to correct this injustice by helping Tim appeal these ridiculously unconstitutional restrictions on the First Amendment. And it only deepens my resolve to qualify and pass the tax-limiting initiatives we’re sponsoring.
You’re a bully, Bob Ferguson. I strongly oppose what you’re doing.
— END —
Here’s how to send your own email to Ferguson:
Copy & paste into the “To:” line of your email:
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Copy & paste in the Subject line:
Bob Ferguson, I agree with Sid Maietto — you’ve only inspired me to help Tim fight back.
In the body of the email, write anything you want. Feel free to copy & paste my message or portions of it.
Send your email RIGHT AWAY.
Tim needs our help. He’s 100% committed to appealing these ridiculously unconstitutional restrictions on the First Amendment because if Ferguson gets away with it with him, you could be next!
Please donate to his legal defense fund here:
Mail-in donation: Tim Eyman Legal Defense Fund, 500 106th Ave NE #709, Bellevue, WA, 98004
In addition, we worked really hard on our $30 Tabs Initiative:
Karen and I sacrificed a lot — we sold off our retirement fund to kickstart its signature drive:
As an officer of ‘Permanent Offense — $30 Tabs Initiative — Voters Want More Choices,’ I’m asking folks to donate to our PAC so Tim can get paid back. And your donations will also help stop Inslee’s Income Tax and Carbon Tax Schemes with our initiatives which I’m co-sponsoring with Tim Eyman and Larry Jensen.
The taxpayers of Washington need our help now more than ever. I’m asking you to donate to our political committee so we can continue fighting for taxpayers:
Donate online by Paypal/Debit/Credit Card
Or mail a check — made payable to “Permanent Offense” — to: Permanent Offense, PO Box 6151, Olympia, WA, 98507.
— END —